Everyone seems tо bе ranting аnd raving about how wonderful green tea iѕ these days, ѕo much sо that even thе most avid coffee drinker iѕ often making thе switch from cappuccino tо green tea! Thiѕ iѕ for а pretty good reason. Green tea offers а wealth оf different health аnd beauty benefits that will help keep aging аt bay, improve thе quality оf your skin, аnd improve thе overall quality of your life!
Where Does Green Tea Come From?
The majority of green tea is produced in China, which has over 20 different provinces. Green tea from a few other nations, including India, Indonesia, and Australia, may also be found in supermarkets. The actual tea is cultivated on an evergreen shrub, the leaves of which can be harvested and used to make tea after five years of growth. The evergreen shrub can only be used for 30 years at which point it will stop producing leaves.
How Can I Get Beauty Benefits Frоm Green Tea?
The first step to appreciating green tea’s cosmetic advantages is to just drink it. The most amazing thing about green tea is that it may have up to 100 times the antioxidant capacity of both vitamin C and vitamin A. Now that’s a lot of antioxidant strength!
Antioxidants are crucial because they fight free radicals and aid in the removal of poisons from our bodies. Free radicals can lead to catastrophic illnesses like cancer and hasten the aging process by as much as ten years.
Beauty Benefit #1: Bad Breath
Even just a cup of green tea will help you avoid bad breath! If you’d prefer to swish it around your mouth instead of drinking the tea, you can also use it as a mouthwash.
Additionally, you might try producing your own green tea toothpaste at home. Pour 100g of green tea over one cup of boiling hot water. Before removing the tea leaves, let the tea simmer for at least thirty minutes. After that, add one teaspoon of baking soda to the liquid. This should combine to create a paste that you can use to immediately clean your teeth with!
Beauty Benefit #2: Your Skin
There are a number of established advantages of green tea for skin and general beauty:
- Green tea has a lot of antioxidants, which can help shield skin from free radicals and sun damage and delay the onset of aging.
- Green tea has anti-inflammatory properties that can calm the skin and lessen redness and puffiness.
- Keeping skin hydrated and moisturized can help skin stay youthful and radiant. Green tea can help with this.
- Fighting acne: Green tea’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities may also help treat and prevent outbreaks of acne.
- Sun protection: According to some research, consuming green tea or utilizing products containing green tea extract may help shield the skin from damaging UV rays.
- One of the most soothing and energizing facial masks you’ve ever experienced is a green tea mask. This mask will aid in pore opening, the removal of toxins from the skin, and the restoration of a silky smooth texture to the skin.
Simply combine one big teaspoon of green tea leaves with three tablespoons of mayonnaise to create the mask. Apply the mask evenly on your face, being careful to keep it away from your eyes, and leave it on for 20 minutes. After rinsing the mask off and patting your skin dry, apply a thick moisturizer.
Beauty Benefit #3: Weight Loss
There are various possible advantages of green tea for weight loss:
- Promotes fat oxidation and increases metabolism: Green tea includes caffeine and a class of flavonoids called catechins, both of which have been found to do so.
- Catechins in green tea have been found to boost the body’s capacity to burn fat for energy, resulting in weight loss.
- Reduces sensations of hunger and increases feelings of fullness, which may help suppress appetite and result in decreased calorie intake and weight loss.
- Enhances insulin sensitivity: Research has indicated that green tea enhances insulin sensitivity, which can assist in controlling blood sugar levels and aid in weight loss.
According to various research, consuming 3-5 cups of green tea daily may help people lose weight.
How much green tea should I drink a day to lose weight?
It’s recommended to drink green tea unsweetened or with a low-calorie sweetener because it can still contain calories, especially if it’s been sweetened. It’s crucial to take green tea in moderation because excessive consumption might have negative consequences like insomnia, nausea, and an accelerated heart rate.
How long does it take for green tea to work for weight loss?
The length of time it takes for green tea to result in weight loss depends on a number of variables, including each person’s metabolism, diet, and level of physical activity. However, other studies have discovered that consuming green tea on a daily basis for a few weeks to several months may result in a small reduction in weight.